Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 962

    Mosterton

    January 10, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    We had a relatively busy week in lockdown. We managed to get out for a long walk each day. On Monday we tried a new route which took us into Crewkerne to our north and west. The path was predominantly on quiet country roads with a bit of countryside thrown in. Crewkerne is a nice town with a small central area in which we found a Lidl and a Waitrose. We checked out the location of The Crooked Swan restaurant which had a good write up in The Telegraph before Christmas and will be on our visiting list for lunch when things open up again. A nice walk and quite hilly so good exercise 13k .
    We enjoyed decent weather on Tuesday and Wednesday so we managed our 12k walks which take us past two farms with free range eggs on sale - we have tried both so far and have not been disappointed.
    On Wednesday we had also arranged for the car to be picked up as the clutch was slipping - using the ClickMechanic web site the car was picked up fixed and returned to us in the evening by a garage in Weymouth - completely hassle free.
    Thursday saw us needing a food top up so we drove to Bridport to visit the supermarkets. Not knowing what to expect we were relieved to see that the car parks were half empty and people were respecting the social distancing rules. We took the opportunity to walk along the coast path for a couple of miles at West Bay. It was great to be beside the sea once again. We took in some good views along Chesil Beach towards Portland Bill and back towards Lyme Regis.
    Saturday was our usual lazy day with the Paper - in the afternoon A produced a nice Indian meal from the book Kirsty had delivered to us "Fresh India" -fully veggie and very tasty.
    On Sunday we tried a new walk across the hills to the north and east of us taking in Corscombe where Mark Hix has opened his new restaurant in The Fox Inn - another one to be visited at the end of lock down.
    Read more