Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 986

    Mosterton

    3 février 2021, Angleterre ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    Wednesday was a major food shopping day, so we tripped down to Bridport for the whole food shops, Lidl and Morrisons. We are trying to only shop once every 3 weeks - which we have so far managed. Means we are exposing ourselves to any risk far less often. With a large fridge and freezer and much more storage space than we had in the van this works quite well.
    Thursday was a very wet day, so we stayed inside with K at the sewing machine.
    Friday and the weekend saw us walking out again in the countryside around us, after the rains it was very wet underfoot.
    On Monday the weather turned very cold, the forecast was predominantly dry with a possibility of some short snow showers. We wrapped up warm, drove to Misterton once again and completed our phase three of the Liberty Trail an 8.5k section from Misterton to Wayford.
    It was bitterly cold - 1 deg C with a wind chill effectively taking it down to -6 Deg C. A lot of the ground underfoot was hard with frost but there were some very wet and muddy patches too.
    We enjoyed the walk through the countryside passing fields containing sheep with lambs by their mother's side - the first we had seen this year. At Clapton Farm two Emu were rummaging behind one of the outbuildings - not what we were expecting. There were carpets of snow drops in the church yard at Misterton and crocus under the tree at Wayford where we stopped briefly for a tea break.
    We returned to Misterton via Clapton Mill and Seaborough.
    En savoir plus