Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 992

    Mosterton

    February 9, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ -1 °C

    Another bitingly cold day here in Dorset. There was a layer of thin snow in the yard outside glistening in the morning sunshine - we took a walk from the cottage towards Misterton, returning via Seaborough predominantly on country lanes. The fields, when we crossed them, were solid under foot with the frost. The temperature was 0 deg C and with the wind chill minus 8 deg C. Our faces were tingling on our return.
    Wednesday was forecast to be sunny and partly cloudy, so we decided to return to West Bay to complete the walk to Golden Cap. Another very cold day with a maximum temperature of 3 deg C although the wind chill took that down to minus 7. The coastal path was magnificent, the sea was calm and the views fabulous from Thorncombe Beacon and Ridge Cliff. The walk took us from sea level to high level three times on the way - we had our packed lunched at Seatown prior to the final climb up to Golden Cap, five miles west of West Bay.
    We didn't linger long at the top due to the cold wind and returned on the inland pathways as much as possible. A great walk by the sea, with more spring lambs in the fields and the sun a bit higher in the sky, even through the cold, it felt like Spring is on its way.
    Read more