Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,067

    North Baddesley

    April 25, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We returned to North Baddesley, where we are booked in for five weeks while we sort out some medical stuff.
    Big thank you to Syd and Jo for looking after the wee car for us whilst we were away and for the great bbq on Monday which we enjoyed in the garden in the sunshine - we walked through to Otterbourne along Dirty Drive which was much drier under foot than last year. The "pots" beer did not disappoint. Karen nipped out to see the girls at Charmaine's, where she had a good natter, picking me up for the ride home in early evening. K's knee was giving her no problem.
    Tuesday was stocking up day with a trip to the supermarket. In the evening K visited a specialist knee consultant to discuss her problem. A had a pre-treatment covid test at the hospital.
    We visited Graham and Viv on Wednesday and enjoyed a long walk in the New Forest near Dibden, culminating with us having our picnic in their garden. A typical British picnic trying to dodge the weather!!! A most enjoyable day, K's knee giving no trouble at all.
    On Thursday A started the course of radiotherapy at the Royal South Hants Hospital which was very well organised and efficient. This was repeated again on Friday - only 18 more sessions to go. On Friday morning K cycled to Elaine's for another chat with the ladies and A wandered across the fields through Elmers Bog to Crampmoor, returning via Baddesley Common where I heard my first cuckoo calling of the spring.
    We enjoyed our usual lazy Saturday with the paper and crosswords.
    Read more