Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,136

    Ruthlands Farm

    July 3, 2021 in England ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Today we attended the celebration for Kirsty and Matt's wedding.
    We provided a bacon and scrambled egg breakfast in the morning for all those campers who wished to join us. Then we all set to putting finishing touches to preparations started the day before. There was a lot to do, but many people offered their help, and we got everything done in plenty of time for us all to get showered and dressed in our wedding finery!!
    By 11:00 am Alan was all togged up when Syd and Jo arrived to join the throng.
    Syd and I drove to Raglan to pick up Kirsty -she had stayed the night at M and R's house with her bridesmaids. She was running a little late so we dressed the car in orange outside the house until she was ready for us.
    I shed a tear when I saw Kirsty descend the stairs in her dress and soon we were on the road back to the celebration. The bridesmaids took a different route and were delayed for 10 minutes by cattle on the narrow country lanes - we had to wait in the car park to allow them to catch up. Kirsty took the opportunity to get some air and she arrived suitably late for the ceremony.
    Matt's mate Martyn performed the ceremony in which Stewart and Will each completed a reading. It was as nice a ceremony as we had ever been to.
    There was a little break for reception drinks whilst photos were being taken after which we all enjoyed a marvellous spread, put together by the caterers at such short notice, despite their oven breaking down on the morning of the event.
    Speeches done we all settled down to enjoy the party. The band, fronted by Kirsty's good friend Rachael, were lively and fun and Dave, Matt's friend, put together a great dance mix which lasted past midnight.
    Magnus, who was hoping to stay up until midnight, finally fell asleep in Emily's lap at 10:30
    Read more