Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,262

    Redcar

    November 6, 2021 in England ⋅ 🌬 10 °C

    We spent thee days at Howla Hay Farm CL site near Guisborough so we could meet up with Karen's family in the north east. Kirsty and Matt came up on Saturday from Chepstow to join the visit - their plan to stop of in Howarth on Friday having been curtailed due to a positive covid test by their host.
    We met up at Roseberry road for a lunch of sandwiches and cream cakes (good old Morrisons) and enjoyed a good natter in the afternoon.
    In the evening we all reconvened at Charltons at K and M's airbnb for a quick drink prior to us all enjoying an evening meal at Tocketts Mill.
    Kirst and Matt returned to Chepstow on Sunday morning, dropping us off at Howla Hay Farm in the morning. In the afternoon we walked over the hills beside Upleatham into Redcar to spend the afternoon with Margaret and Donald.
    Donald ran us back to the site in early evening.
    On Monday we drove over to Redcar late morning and went on a trip into Darlington where we browsed the shops for a while before falling into The Wynd Cafe for a light lunch. Karen found some fabric she was looking for in the local sewing shop.
    We returned to the site in the dark which was exciting on the slippy grass.
    Read more