Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,366

    Habitat Noosa

    February 18, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Its always a joy to come here - the Habitat Noosa site is adjacent to an inland sea water lake with very safe swimming for the girls in warm waters. The site itself is surrounded by woodland in which hoards of kangaroos live, coming out in the daytime and evening when the sun drops a bit in the sky. We camped in The Gums and soon we had the trailer setup and all Jamie's tents and gazebos set up for the stay. There were kangaroos aplenty in the overflow camping fields and we were surrounded by the rich bird life once again.
    The new gas bbq was put to immediate use and we all enjoyed a chicken dinner.
    After nightfall the kangaroos venture into the park in great numbers and it was nice to casually walk past one or two of them as we walked through to the shower blocks each evening. At night we could hear them munching the grass immediately outside our tent.
    On Saturday we drove off site to visit the Beach at Noosa Heads. It was a baking hot day and we found some respite from the sun at the top of the beach under the tree canopy. Crossing the sand into the surf had to be a quick job to stop our feet from burning but the sea was warm and the surf most enjoyable. The girls stayed in the sea for ages with their body boards enjoying the waves.
    Read more