Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,391

    Tamborine Mountain

    March 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today we stayed in the area of the mountain to have a look at the botanic gardens which were very pretty.
    We then wandered into The Gallery, a run of boutique shops and cafes where we enjoyed a caramel slice with coffee and tea, after which we set off to do another walk in the rainforest in the nearby national park. The sights and sounds were once again enchanting. We were all alone with nature, no traffic noise just the sounds of the forest.
    Then a bit of a disaster struck - Karen slipped on some palm seeds and fell flat onto the ground, damaging her ankle quite badly. We were about 2km from the car on the bush walk and some of it was quite difficult walking but Karen struggled up to the car in great pain.
    Returning to the site everyone was very helpful so we applied a cold compact and hoped for the best.
    In the morning it was apparent that we needed the problem looked at so we drove to Beaudesert Hospital where an x-ray showed a very clear break to Karen's ankle. We left the hospital with Karen's left leg in plaster, hobbling out on crutches. We are currently revising plans for the immediate few days pending a decision as to whether surgery will be needed next week.
    Read more