Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,419

    Eatons Hill

    April 12, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We had a great trip back south to Brisbane, passing through the Tropic once more. The roads were really quiet and the route via Biggenden really beautiful. We stopped at Biggenden for a sandwich at the Bakery. We would classify Biggenden as a one horse town, although that's being generous, however its main purpose is to serve the cattle farming community which surrounds it. The only real traffic we encountered was for a short period around Gympie and the stretch around Caboolture.
    We arrived back at EH at 16:30pm having left at 8:00am.
    On Wednesday we were up early once again for a visit to the Logan Hospital fracture clinic. Karen was worried, but the visit was a great success. We were seen to very quickly, her wound was healing well with no complications and the plaster was removed in favour of a moonboot. LGH discharged us from their care with notes for us to deliver to our doctors in the UK. Once again we have nothing but praise for the medical services. Massive thankyou to all concerned and the Reciprocal Medical Agreement we have with Australia.
    In and out of the clinic in under 1 hour we returned via the mall at Aspley to stock up for provisions for the weekend and for the family's return to EH on Thursday.
    Sushi, lamb/spinach curry, Bengali dal, sweet potato vindaloo, sausage rolls all done ready for the weekend.
    Read more