Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 2.004

    Hobart

    18 november 2023, Australië ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    The Saturday market at Salamanca is renowned as being one of the better markets in Australia. Today also happened to coincide with the Hobart Christmas Pageant, so we drove into the city once again. We parked up at the car park near the Botanical Gardens and walked into the city from there.
    We took a small detour to have a look at the Cenotaph and then followed a stream of families with children wearing reindeer antlers and christmas hats into the city. We watched the parade start off promptly at 10:30. It was quite colourful at times and there were four very good pipe bands. A number of national groups were representing themselves with very colourful displays from Nepalese, Indians,Thai, Columbians amongst others but the most impressive of all was the Chinese Dragon. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and the procession was completed by Santa - to the great relief of the children.
    We then made our way along the harbour to reach Salamanca and the buzzing market there. It was busy but not unpleasantly so. Along with the usual market wares there were some interesting stalls.
    We then returned to the harbour front to enjoy a nice fish lunch at Fish Frenzy. It too was busy. We enjoyed a glass of house wine with our fish and chips. We then made our way back to the car via the Military Remembrance walk on the Domain. Each tree here is dedicated to the honour of a fallen serviceman. We visited the Botanical Gardens before returning to base.
    Meer informatie