Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13–15

    Hue

    March 11 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    - A short stop in Hue was on the agenda as it was close to Hoi An and the home of the former royals/dynasty

    - The trip to Hue was off to a flyer when the bus company booked by the hotel seemed like the most disorganised chaotic shuttle service. The tourists waiting were going to all different places but nobody knew which bus they were getting and apparently they were all late, despite once time to get on, they actually had been sitting there since the start. The bus was a sleeper that looked like it was from the 90s and had never been cleaned. I'm glad we weren't booked for 20 hours to Hanoi like some people.

    - We arrived in Hue to a rainy foggy evening, found some tasty vegetarian food including a banh xao and ofcourse spring rolls. We then found a very cool cocktail bar down a small alley where a staff member was having a birthday so we got a bunch of free stuff. The drinks were delish.

    - We used the full day to visit the former royals, the Nguyen's, city of living. It was interesting to see but a few hours there was enough. We used the rest of the day to relax and then we did another food tour as Hue has been said to have 1500 dishes.

    - the food tour again took us to places we would never go due to language or just being in random places. We dabbled in many dishes and I tried pigs blood in my Banh Bo Hue and pigs feet. Not sure if I'd eat that again.
    Read more