Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Joshua Tree National Park to Lake Havasu

    April 13, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Today we spent driving around Joshua Tree National Park. Two distinct desert ecosystems, the Mojave and the Colorado, come together in Joshua Tree National Park. 

    We had lunch at Quail stop and then did a 1 km loop at Hidden Valley. Brandon walked all the way around and made it without being carried. Inara wanted to be carried most of the way but insisted on walking anything that was up. It was beautiful and everything looked the same. The ranger yesterday told Brandon that he needed to stay close to us as it looks all the same and it's very easy to get lost. It does.

    We finished the visit with a stop at Key View which was breathtaking, windy and cold.

    When we got to the camp, it was so windy and not fun that we decided to change our plans. We couldn't walk as it was too windy, and we couldn't have a fire, the tent felt like it could break and it was cold. It was no fun for anyone.

    We were supposed to have a 2nd night here, then to pack up and a 6 hour drive to Flagstaff Arizona. We packed up late in the afternoon, drove 3 hours and decided to stay a night in Lake Havasu in a motel in the area.
    Read more