Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Drive to Nags Head North Carolina

    May 24, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Today was all about driving. The kids from the campsite next door finally woke up (as Brandon wanted to wake them up for a few hours) to say goodbye.

    We had a 4 hour drive from ashville to chapel hill and then another 3.5 hours or so to Nags head.

    While on our trip Bruce, josh's dad, asked us to chat with Bea. Bea is an American who is engaged to Josh's cousin Calvin, who lives in Canberra. Bea just happened to live in Chapel Hill, NC, halfway between Ashville and Nags Head. Bea and I organised to meet for an early dinner.

    From Ashville we planned on starting our day with a walk to a waterfall Elisa's mom suggested and we thought that would be great to tire the kids out but, as we got to the parking lot of the walk,.Inara was already asleep.

    We made it to Chapel Hill a few hours earlier than planned and had a lunch with Bea rather than a dinner. She took us to a old style pharmacy which has a diner in it and a confectionary store. To enjoy the interesting old fashioned store we all had milkshakes. After lunch we had a walk around North Carolina University campus, with old heritage buildings, big old trees and lots of squirrels.

    The kids were great on the drive and was our longest of the trip. We made it to Nags Head about 8pm, 2nd to arrive. Elisa 's mom and husband made it a just a couple hours earlier.
    Read more