Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 90

    Ohio

    July 2, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today was a lazy morning which is always nice. Danny and the kids came over to Joe and Carol's house and we drove to where the GoodYear blimp's hanger is, which is all right across from a state park with a playground.

    The kids played for a bit before we went back from lunch. After lunch we went to the local splash pad. It was so hot and was full of kids. It was a very busy day for the lifeguard as there was a kid who got his head smashed with a very deep cut, a little girl almost drowned at the little pond just near by and then lightning was seen so the splash pad had to shut.

    Since Joe and Carol babysit the grandkids twice a week, there were lots of toys and kids stuff around. Inara loved the cute little potty in the bathroom and even had her first pee in the toilet. Very exciting.

    The storm never came that close to us so after dinner we were able to drive down to Akron and we all went to see the Bee Gee' s tribute band at an outdoor area. The rib cook off was also going on just above the lawn/stage area so Joe bought some ribs to try and they melted off the bone into the mouth. We also tried to the local brewery, the Thirsty Dog, which was being sold there.

    The band itself wasn't the best but the night was perfect. The weather was no longer hot and humid and it was a perfect summer night. The kids had a blast running down the hill and playing. We had a great time with Joe, Carol, Danny and his kids for the last 2 days.
    Read more