Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 92

    4th of July

    July 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We has such a relaxing time in Ohio and the days were low key. Today was a busy busy day.

    It started with going to the Grand Island parade where Elisa grew up. We went with Jackie and met up with her parents, sister and husband, and then her other friend Jackie and her husband Mike and their kids Violet and Gaige who were 6 and 5.

    The parade lasted almost 2 hours and the kids had a lot of fun trying to get lollies that all the different local community groups threw out to the hundreds of people lining the street to watch the parade.

    We spent the entire day with the group, moving from the parade to the VFW to the annual 4th of July celebration, where everyone just drinks and catches up with people from the town. After the VFW we drove over to Jackie' s parents house where we were there for hours, drinking, eating the bbq food, sitting in the kids pool , playing corn hole and having a great time. It was so hot outside, with the day feeling over 100/40 degrees. The kids had a great time playing with the Violet and Gaige, and did everything to playing in the pool, water balloons and watching a movie together.

    We stayed there until 9pm when we joined Jackie, mike and kids at fantasy island carpark to watch the 4th of July fireworks.

    We made our way back to our accommodation about 11pm and the kids were asleep in the car. It was a long day.
    Read more