Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Minneapolis-Saint Paul Int'l Airport

    November 3, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    Well, we are wheels-down in MSP International. It was a looong day with a 6hr layover in Toronto. I'm actually writing this on Sunday Nov. 5 as it took a few days to recover and collect thoughts. We traveled light, one carry on and backpacks. Everything was synthetic, washable and Quick-drying. This was our first trip without big checked luggage. This is the way IMO.

    Learned a lot: European railways, driving the autobahn (much of which I will apply here, minus the no-speed limits part of course). German drivers are the best: absolute manners, lane control, and not one junker on the road. Germans, and probably most European countries, do a lot of things right: real foods including breads, (not a loaf of Wonderbread in sight) , bikes and pedestrians everywhere, and plenty of public transportation. At about $1/1€, I'd say everything but petrol was equal, if not a bit less, than here. We realize (*really* realize) that Marshfield is very narrow culturally, and further validates our plans to move to Chicago next year (thank you Beth! ) and of course the news to travel more.

    Cheers!
    Tom & Beth
    Read more