Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19–25

    Hot Springs, AR

    December 5, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 61 °F

    Hot Springs marks a lot of firsts on our RV adventure.

    It is our first National Park--well, the first one we have visited with Cherry and Isabel, anyway. Hopefully the first of many. It has not disappointed, with a museum dedicated to the bathhouses of the hot springs and an interesting short movie about the formation and history of the springs. And, perhaps most importantly, lots of hiking right outside our door--which is the thing I miss possibly the most about our home in Phoenix.

    It is our first stop that is somewhat of our own choosing where we aren't high-tailing it to get registered and licensed, or repaired, or to visit family or our practice in Austin. While we did have some liberty earlier in the fall, we really didn't know what to do with ourselves and were doing a lot of figuring out how our new life would work. This week was something of a first taste of what our day-to-day life will be like for the next who-knows-how-long.

    It is also our first stop in mountains that aren't part of the Rockies. The trees are tall and dense, and it reminds me a lot of Virginia.

    We also enjoyed a soak in the hot springs--these ones are not sulphureous, so that was a big plus.
    Read more