Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 6

    DAY 6 - Parrsporo & drive 2 Cape Bretton

    10 augusti 2023, Kanada ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We woke up early and enjoyed a breakfast in our cute little condo. We had bought muffins, fruit & yogurt parfaits! Had local coffee and off we went to drive to Parrsboro. It was only 37km directly across the water from us but because of the tides the ferry was discontinued and we had to drive ALL around the water to get to it.. 2.5 hrs later! We had made one random stop to use the washroom and it turned out it was the exact middle between the north pole and the equater. We took the appropriate photos and then continued on our way. We got to the Spirit Reins Ranch where Faith got us geared up and ready to leave on our trail ride. I got a lazy ex-barrel racer (again) but this time i knew how to "encourage" him to get moving. We drove to the trail head and headed out through the forest and then through a couple yards to get to the beach. It was amazing. I've always wanted to ride a horse on the beach- bucket list ✔️ !! It was even more cool though because it was actually along the ocean floor. We got a photo on a sand bar. The horses liked the seaweed and salt water. They got trotting for most of us and adelyn even got to canter! The Bay of Fundy has the largest tides in the world in volume and speed. We were sad that the ride was over after a couple hours but Adelyn was the only one of us who could walk properly afterwards. We drove to town for some pizza and ice cream. Cute tourist town with a shop or 2 that we checked out but apparently it all shuts down in the winter when the tourists stop coming. We drove to Antigonish for some groceries and then finally completed our drive to Baddeck on Cape Bretton. We got in around 9:30pm...much later that I had anticipated!
    Jp was awesome and drove the entire way! We had some tacos and salad and then went to bed...late but comfortable. This air bnb is so cute! We are enjoying the space after having shared a single room all together everyday thus far! The girls have their own room with seperate beds and we have a king size! Very white and clean and ikea! Love it here! Can't wait to see it in the daylight! Sleep😴
    Läs mer