Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Dinner

    April 9, 2018 in Russia ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Eli found a restaurant offering Russian cuisine for dinner tonight. We were all pretty hungry so after chilling at the apartment and doing a bible reading we trooped our for dinner.

    It was quite a fancy place. The waiter spoke really good english and was really friendly, happily answering any questions we had about the menu and general stuff about Russia.

    They also seem to love kids over here, or perhaps that’s just worldwide. Apparently there’s a saying in Russia “he who smiles at nothing is a fool” or “laughing for no reason is a sign of stupidity”! so people will not just smile at you as you walk past them. But Heidi always gets a smile and attention from people. They’ll stop to let her pat their dog or smile at her fondly as they walk past. And tonight at the restaurant the young waiter gave Heidi a lot of attention, it was cute. He’d smile at her from across the room, offered her her own plate and cutlery, just little things and then at the end made sure he particularly said goodbye to her.

    The food was amazing - so tasty and it was fun trying different dishes - we had caviar, elk, venison, rabbit to name a few. Dessert was also delicious as you can admire from the photo 😋

    Eli and I returned to the apartment with Heidi who was looking extremely sleepy and mike went with Kyria who wanted to get some night photos.
    Read more