Satellite
  • Day 19

    Moscow Zoo

    April 24, 2018 in Russia ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Today is our last day in Russia! We had a sumptuous breakfast - Kyria and I had about 3 things on the menu that we wanted to try so we decided to share so we could try them all! Greedy much 😂

    We then walked to Cafe Pushkin and made a reservation for dinner as it was supposed to quite the restaurant and we thought it might be nice for our last dinner in Russia. The metro we needed was not far from here - we only needed to go one stop and the zoo was a hundred metres or so from here.

    I love going to zoos - I think I enjoyed it as much as Heidi did. Although with all the exotic animals we saw, later at the apartment all she talked about wanting to see again were the horses!! Yes, they had horses and ponies in the zoo 🤷‍♀️ in two different areas! All Kyria had wanted to see was a Russian bear...and its enclosure was empty which she was most disappointed about. We found the seals at a good time - they were being fed and doing tricks with the trainers - balancing balls and raising flippers etc. My favourite were the orangutans. There were two younger ones who were wrestling and rolling all over the place - so much fun to watch and they have such cute faces. I could have sat and watched them for ages.

    It was cool to see some of the animals from the colder areas too - Arctic Fox, tundra wolf, polar bear etc.

    We were there for a few hours before heading back. We decided to go home and put Heidi down for a sleep. The others grabbed a shwarma on the way back to the metro and I had a crunchy baguette from a place near our apartment.
    Read more