Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    Arriving in salento- Cocora Valley &Tejo

    April 28, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    We arrived at the bus terminal in Armenia at 3:00 & slept 2h at the bus terminal. The sleep was better than in the bus😂

    Then we took an bus to salento at 5:30 and we were already able to check in.

    Salento is an really chilled, but touristic place.

    We decided to go to the famous cocora-valley, which is known for its Quindío-Palm species, because they are the biggest one on the world.

    We drove there with willys, which are also famous in Colombia (picture).

    We hiked ~4h around. So amazing green landscape, loved it!

    On the hike we met dominik and Nina from Germany. After the half we hiked together. Lovely people!

    When we arrived at the most famous viewpoint it was very foggy. After the hike was done, we drunk a coffe and ate cake & we chilled at an big „Trampolin“.

    It was super chilled to chill in this area also in the grass.

    In the evening we met dominik and Nina again to play tejo. tejo is a national sport of Colombia. (iron throw object into „Lehm“ area). There is an iron ring in the middle and around the ring are papers with him powder. If you hit the paper with gun powder, it makes an loud noise. The evening with playing, eating pizza and drinking beer was awesome. In summary an amazing day!
    Read more