Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 1: Chengdu - 7/23/17

    July 26, 2017 in China ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    Today, we went to the biggest Panda facility in the world! There are 80 pandas reside here. We went there early enough to see many pandas playing outside (pandas have to go inside once the temperature passes 26 C).

    The whole facility is well build and maintained, lots of green space for pandas to play and for humans to walk around. We've seen 2 weeks old panda, 2 months old pandas, 2 years old pandas, and many adult ones. It's so clear how well they are being cared for. The caretaker was feeding a baby panda when we passed by. Our guide told us that there were twins, and panda mom chose the stronger one, so the weaker one was being cared for by the caretakers. They would feed it and then rub its tummy gently, to help it digest the milk.

    He also told us that the panda population was thriving in the wild as well. So much so that panda is no longer listed as endangered animal.

    Afternoon, we went to a huge city park called People's Park. Many locals were spending their leisure time here. Today is matching making day, so we saw many ads for singers laying on the ground, Abdul many people (mostly mothers) were sitting around waiting for inquiries. Very unique thing to see in China.

    As we passed by an amusement park, Evan really wanted to play bumping cars, since he is finally old enough to drive one by himself. I insisted that my father join him as well. Watching my dad laughing like crazy on the bumping car made me extremely happy!

    We ended our active day at Sichuan Opera theater. This opera is known for a technique called face change. The actors can change their face masks in the blink of an eye! The whole show was very authentic and very enjoyable!
    Read more