Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 4: Chengdu to Jiuzhangou

    July 26, 2017 in China ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Flying to Jiuzhaigou was thankfully short, only 45 minutes. It was nice to look down at the mountains from the plane. Very loud Chinese kids and adults though. There was a guy in sunglasses insisted getting in front of everyone, he was walking towards the front of the plane even before the plane arrived at the gate, the flight attendant had to use to overhead speaker to tell him to sit down. He was ignoring the her until all the passengers told him go sit-down. He finally sat. As soon as the plane arrived at the gate, he jumped up and run to the front. We all thought he was in hurry, until we saw him waiting just outside of the plane, playing on the phone. And then much later we saw him came out with his wife. So when he left the plane, he left his wife behind. What a selfish and impatient person!

    Our driver met us just outside. A very lively young man who talks a lot, which made our 1 and half hour drive from the airport to our hotel very interesting. As we stopped and took a break, a woman approached us with some necklaces for sale. She took a necklace and told me the pendant was wolf tooth, and it costed ¥200 (about $27). I quietly asked the driver should I get it. He shook his head. After we got back in the car, he told me that real wolf tooth pendant would've cost ¥2,000! The tooth she was selling was most likely fox tooth.

    When we stopped again for photos, some locals approached us. One of them handed us a baby lamb for photo taking (¥10), another trying to sell fake wolf tooth necklace again. This lady only asked for ¥20. I though ¥20 for fox tooth was kind of neat too, so I bought one. Kind of worth it just to see how happy she was!

    I am very happy to be in the beautiful mountains now, at the eastern part of the Himalayan mountain range.
    Read more