Satellite
  • Day 5

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 4

    May 29, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    We finally got our luggage now! Steve was tired to wait around and went to airport himself instead waiting for them to deliver them. He was shown to a room that had about a hundred misplaced luggage. He immediately found ours, and brought them home. So glad he did that because with so many bags that needed to be delivered, who knows how long we would’ve waited.

    This is the last day in Sydney for us, and we had a lot of activities planned.

    The first thing we did was climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! This activity allows us to climb to the top of the bridge, scale about 1,400 steps. What made this experience even more memorable is the fact it’s super windy today. At the top of the bridge, the wind reached more than 55 miles per hour!! I don’t think I ever experienced a more windy situation in my life. Our guide said this is the most windy day for him as well.

    Fortunately we were all well prepared. The company gave us jumpsuits, beanies, gloves, fleece and of course, safety harnesses. Even though the wind was threatening to blow us off the bridge, we actually felt very safe.

    We then walked to the Sydney Opera House, joined a guided tour to see the back stages and all theaters. Our tour guide absolutely loves this building! His enthusiasm was fantastic! We had the chance to learn all the history behind this amazing architecture marvel, saw the inner works at the back stages.

    We actually ate at the fancy restaurant instead of the opera house. The food was among the best we’ve ever had! Check out the desert! Shaped like the opera house!

    Sadly we are leaving this wonderful city tomorrow.
    Read more