Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 3

    May 28, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 17 °C

    First of all, an update on our luggage situation. They have finally arrived in Sydney now! Unfortunately, they need to be inspected, which could take up to 48 hours!! We are leaving Sydney on Thursday. So we will see if we can get them before we leave.

    We had a very active day today!

    We joined a small group tour to go to The Blue Mountain. Our driver/guide is a super fun true Australian. He actually calls you mate, and says crikey , full of bad jokes and fun stories. Really likable guy!

    Blue mountain is absolutely gorgeous! We took a cable car across the a beautiful valley, then the world steepest rail train which angled at 52 degrees (Evan loves the thrill of it)! After a nice walk in the rainforest, we took another cable car with a view of a canyon larger than the Grand Canyon!

    Traveling in Australia in winter time can be good and bad. The good thing is that since it’s not a peak season, there are a lot less people around. The bad thing is the fact it’s COLD! Especially on top of the mountain! The bitter cold wind chilled me to the bones.

    As we were waiting for lunch at a fantastic hotel restaurant, Evan noticed there is piano in the hallway with a sign reads only pianist is allowed to play. Evan went to the manager and asked to play. She said go ahead. So Evan sat down and played Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Everyone was stunned with amazement! I was surprised how much he could play without the music sheet.

    Here are the links to his performance:
    https://youtu.be/o4BOR1t8-EQ

    https://youtu.be/9fN5SJE-_NU

    Next stop, a wildlife park. What an exciting place! We took pictures with a koala bear, fed some friendly kangaroos (their have really soft tongues and fur! I could feel their teeth when they generally ate food off my hand. At one point, I was feeding 3 kangaroos all at once! So cool!), saw dingos and many, many different types of birds. Evan’s knowledge on animals is astounding! He can often name those animals before we read the information on the fence. What a little know-it-all! But I was happy to see how excited he was the entire time we were there.

    A nice river cruise took us back to Darling Harbour. Dinner was at a Chinese Noodle restaurant where they make noodles by hand. Excellent food!

    By the way, when we are the buffet at Sydney Tower yesterday, we actually ate kangaroos meat and emu sausages. Emu sausages looked like roasted potatoes, and we were all surprised they are weird tasting meat when we bite into them. LOL!

    We had a truly wonderful day today!!
    Read more