Satellit
  • Dag 10

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 9

    3 juni 2019, Australien ⋅ 🌬 15 °C

    F*#king flies!! Pardon the language, but I’ve never seen this many of flies in my life!

    Our trip to Ayers Rock (the largest rock on earth) will forever be remembered as the place that has millions flies!

    Too bad we were not prepared for them. Some people got flynet which keep them from your face. As for us, if you stand at one place for a minute , the flies would cover you from head to toe! They invade every inch of your body and you face, in your eyes, nostrils and even ears! It’s absolutely horrific!! You have to keep your mouth closed too, because they will fly into it if you don’t.

    Steve was so miserable that he said this is one of the worst experiences he has ever had in his life!!

    However, the Ayers Rock was magnificent! The red rock towering over us against the blue sky, absolutely beautiful!

    We walked around the base of the rock, trying hard to be less annoyed by the flies. But the more you sweat, the more you attracted the flies. People told us, summer time there are even more flies!

    Our camping guide/driver/chef Rita provided some excellent introduction to the native stories and cultures. The natives were the first people ever made bread! Thousands of years ahead of the Europeans.

    We all helped out Rita with dinner preparation and washed up. Veg noodles stir fries and curry chicken. After hours of walking, we were all hungry and tired. Everyone inhaled their dinner!

    Tonight, we sleep in this thing called Swag (kind of like a bigger sleeping bag) which is placed directly on the dirt ground, with no tent, and nothing cover our head.

    Billions of stars are blinking over my head. The Southern Hemisphere has different stars than northern ones. We will have the chance to learn all about them in a few days.

    I am hoping for a good night sleep, and no poison bugs visiting overnight!
    Läs mer