Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2: Barcelona

    August 7, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Today’s agenda is all about Gaudi, one of the most famous architects of Spain.

    We joined a walking tour in order to gain access inside of the buildings. The first stop is Casa Batllo. This charming house has an ocean theme, everything is waving and curving; very few straight lines anywhere. Gaudi was truly creative and ahead of his time!

    After visiting a few more houses and the Park Guell, we finally arrived at La Sagrada Familia, one of the most magnificent buildings in the world! Words cannot describe how amazing this building is. The construction of it started 1882, and still going on today. When Gaudi died in 1926 (killed by a streetcar), the building was less than a quarter completed. The Spanish Civil War caused the destruction of his blueprints and plaster models. It took 16 years to reconstruct the plaster models for the work to continue. They are hoping to complete the construction by 2026, but the pandemic delayed it yet again.

    This building is one reason I picked Barcelona to visit. My gosh! It’s so worth it!

    Dinner tonight is a restaurant known for its paella, and the beautiful view of the city. Arriving early granted us the best seats in the house, a corner table with a sweeping view of the harbor.
    Read more