Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6: Tokyo

    May 31, 2023 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Today is sadly the last day in Tokyo for us, it’s also one of the most exciting day, because we would visit the coolest museum in the world called Team Lab Planet this afternoon.

    In the morning, we went to a popular Ramen restaurant Called Ichiran Ramen. You know they were serious about their food when they wanted to know how you like the richness of the soup and the firmness of the noodles. The ramen here is good, but not surprisingly, not as good as one of the best ramen restaurants we went to a few days earlier.

    For the first time ever, we encountered the most touristy place in Tokyo, Asakusa Shrine. There were so many tourists and groups we were shoulders to shoulders with many people. Leading up to the shrine were rows of stalls selling food and goodies for tourists. We all felt claustrophobic after a short while so we left soon after.

    Ueno Park is a known for its cherry blossom and museums. Unfortunately we were too late for the blossom, but we were sure that one of the 6 museums and a zoo would be a perfect place for a few hours this afternoon.

    We picked the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum in the end, which turned out to be the perfect choice, because they were displaying the winners of best art from all the art institutions of Japan. We met an older gentleman standing in front of a nice painting, hesitatingly asked me to take a photo for him with the painting, because it was painted by his sister. I happily obliged. He was so happy, in his broken English, telling Steve I was a nice person. So sweet!

    Next, it was main attraction of the day, Team Lab Planet, an high tech museum that’s so awesome that every exhibit makes you say “holy sh*t! That’s amazing!”

    Here are my three favorites.
    - The Infinite Crystal Universe: crystal strings hanging from the ceiling, with the utilization of mirrors, they created an illusion of infinity

    - Floating in the Falling Universe of Flowers: in a dark dome, the stars, flowers, and butterflies are projected to the ceiling. This is an exhibit that’s best viewed laying down

    - Floating Flower Garden: real flowers hanging from the ceiling, with mirrors on the floor and ceiling, you become part of the flower falls

    Please make sure to check out the videos of these exhibits, you won’t be disappointed!

    I have to say, Tokyo has become my favorite city of the whole world! It’s sad to leave here tomorrow.
    Read more