Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Day 15: Osaka to Hongkong

    June 9, 2023 in Hong Kong ⋅ 🌩️ 28 °C

    For the first time I was disappointed with Japanese organization. At Osaka airport, there was a huge line for the security checkpoint! When it was finally our turn, we saw there was only one check line open, even though they had the capacity for 6! Even just opening one more would’ve been a huge relief for the long line. Disappointing!!

    4 hours later we arrived Hongkong. Evan was at awe with how many high rise apartment buildings there were. It was like an high rise forest extending to the horizon.

    Our hotel is adjacent to a giant indoor mall.m, which has 16 floors with a very interesting architecture design. The open area in the middle created an illusion of outdoor space, but if you look closely at the blue sky, you will realize you are still inside. The escalators seemed endless; we got off one there was another longer one. The final 2 were 4 to 5 floors high, probably over 200 feet long!

    People everywhere, so many of them! If I was home, I probably would be getting ready for bed by now, but here, at 10 pm, there was still so much energy on the streets.

    Having some fantastic Chinese food for dinner made us so happy!
    Read more