Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Exploring Brooklyn

    July 2, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After two jam-packed days of sightseeing in Manhattan we decided to have a more relaxed day exploring Brooklyn today - especially in light of our first Amtrak train journey that evening. Our Air BnB hosts were happy for us to leave our suitcases there until the afternoon which gave us extra flexibility (somehow our cases have gotten heavier - I swear I did NOT buy anything on fifth avenue!)

    Initially we headed to Brooklyn Heights Promenade- only 15 minutes walk from where we were staying for some spectacular photos of the skyline and Brooklyn Bridge. From there we caught the subway to Coney Island. I have always been curious and it did not disappoint. It was like a hotter, happier and more colourful version of the Blackpool Pleasure Beach (which I LOVE by the way so don't mistake any disdain).

    We only had just over an hour to experience the seaside resort and so after a trip on the ferris wheel, a quick rollercoaster ride and a brief sit on the beach and A LOT of photo taking (yet again in my element) we hopped back onto the subway to pick up our cases and continue on our adventure.
    Read more