Satellite
  • Day 19

    Life's a Beach

    July 17, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    After the long day yesterday we enjoyed a lazy start and ventured out in search of supplies for our upcoming trek. After a fruitful raid on Target we went looking for the The Cheesecake Factory made famous by 'The Big Bang Theory'. Boy were we not disappointed. My only shame was having to take a doggy bag for my main and the cheesecake to go as I was so full. After an oreo cookie shake (never line your stomach with one of these - your Mum is right - it will ruin your dinner!) I had something called Chicken Parmesan (Pizza Style). Essentially this was a breaded chicken in the shape of a pizza base coated in marinara sauce, cheese and angels hair spaghetti. Needless to say I slipped into a bit of a food coma this afternoon. Let's say it was yesterday's drive but we all know The Cheesecake Factory holds most of the blame.

    We took advantage of the beach chairs and towels provided with our Air BnB and camped out on the beach opposite the house for the afternoon. After having a brief snooze to the crashing of the waves and listening to Zero 7, I retreated to the room for a proper nap.

    I ended up having a thoroughly productive evening booking all my Canadian travel which is a big weight off my mind. Just a couple of nights accomodation left. With that, I must bid you all a good Tuesday and see you on the flipside.
    Read more