Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Jaw Dropper in Varenna Italy

    September 1, 2022 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    What? Mountains and lakes combo?! Only in Italy. Tricia has just crossed 100x zone for saying wow! The drive from Verona to Lake Como was like any other major hwy. Not until last 15 minutes could we get a good view of Lake Como...even then not the best. Then after at least three wrong turns...we made it. At one point, there literally was three different exits for Bergamo, Italy on a roundabout and Google maps was lagging, we, of course guessed wrong! Once we arrived, our locally raised Airbnb host, petite Alessandra, greeted us w efficiency of a German and panache of an Italian. Follow me, log in here, go there to park..boom...boom like machine gun. When her husband called. Her first words were Pronto, pronto w questions regarding the two week old gelato shop they just opened called Bon Bon.

    Our first task, was laundry. lol. I scored some Peroni and a fruiti bianco wine and we settled in. Then pizza for each of us the size of a car tire and we are done. Big rain came and the town deserted w everyone scurrying to a dry locale. We really can't believe we are here?!! Day two will bring a visit to the villa where the James Bond film Casino Royale had a scene sequence, then a visit to Bellagio and dinner by the water front. ;) Ciao!

    Go Gophers!

    Added a photo from Verona. Our house/hotel was located just across the bridge on bottom of photo.
    Read more