Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Mammoth Cave NP Kentucky - Nashville TN

    February 5, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    For breakfast I had some bagels (Shirley's fault she got me addicted 😂) and joghurt at Super 8 hotel in Cave city. There isn't really anything here but it is a gateway to Mammoth Cave National Park.
    At 10 am we did a 2 hour historic guided tour at mammoth cave.
    The cave has more than 400 miles (644 km) of mapped passageways and ranks as the world's longest known cave system. Mammoth Cave National Park was established in 1941, designated a World Heritage Site in 1981 and became the core area of an International Biosphere Reserve in 1990.
    The tour was 3.2km in length, took 2 hours and included 540 steps.
    There were sections you had to squeeze through and they had funny names such as Tall Man's agony and Fat Man's Misery.
    At the souvenir shop i found a shirt for dad and a magnet.
    We continued on our drive to Nashville after the tour and stopped at Wendy's for a burger for lunch.
    We arrived in Nashville at 2.30pm.
    We parked in town and went around the main street called The Boulevard for 1 hour where i found coasters, a cap for opa and a handbag.
    The main street is loud and full of bars that have live music, boot shops, souvenir shops and neon signs. Similar to Las Vegas.
    We then went to the hotel to unpack.
    Fot dinner we went to hattie b's hot chicken as Hot Fried Chicken is traditional for Kentucky.
    Read more