Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 9

    Another Perfect Day- Crossing into Spain

    23 Eylül 2019, Ispanya ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Another beautiful day to walk the Camino along the Atlantic Ocean!
    We were served a very full breakfast to get us started and then were off along the streets of Vila Praia de Âncora until we picked up the Coastal Camino and more of the newly created trail being developed. More information on the “Ecovia do Litoral” a 73km ocean side trail from Esposende to the town of Caminho, Portugal, where the Rio Miñio divides Portugal from Spain, is at https://www.polislitoralnorte.pt/ecovia-do-litoral .
    The ferry does not run on Mondays but a local fisherman will taxi you across the river to Spain for €5. We sat in the bottom of his boat with another Canadian couple. On the other side, we missed the turn for the coastal route and ended up on the main Portuguese Camino which climbed up and over a pass between the mountains that rise out of the sea.
    An hour or so later we arrived in La Guardia, a small fishing village, the streets were very quiet due to a Celtic festival that was being celebrated on that mountain above the village. The Celtic roots of Galicia are very strong. We managed to find an open bar for an afternoon drink as we strolled the hilly streets.
    Later we met up with the other Pilgrims staying at the same hotel at a nearby restaurant. We had really wonderful conversations over dinner with our new Irish, American and South African friends.
    Okumaya devam et