Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 15

    Sunday Morning

    29 Eylül 2019, Ispanya ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We attended the Church of England Eucharist held at the unused parish of Saint Susanna in the centre of Alameda Park, just outside the old town in Santiago. In addition to us, there were worshippers from England, the US, Scotland, and New Zealand. We joined a small group afterwards for coffee at a glassed in café with a tree growing out through the centre.
    The rain continued to fall so we headed for the Cathedral to visit St James. The Cathedral is undergoing major restoration for the Holy Year in 2021 but you can still climb the stairs up to touch St James and descend to the crypt to see his tomb. We missed these experiences in 2016.
    Exiting the Cathedral we returned to the square and toured the Cathedral Museum, which displayed many extraordinary artifacts from the Cathedral over the centuries. The third floor takes you around the Cathedral cloisters with extraordinarily decorated chapels and galleries. In addition, there’s an outside balcony overlooking the square where you can watch Pilgrims take their last steps of the Camino arriving in front of the Cathedral.
    Walking back to our hotel for siesta, we discovered the bakery next door was about to close but we managed to score two pie shaped pastries, one filled with scallops and the other chicken. It was a light lunch in preparation for our Tapas Tour later in the evening.
    Okumaya devam et