Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1

    April 15 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Welcome to Seattle!

    After a bit of a stressful start...our flight was cancelled! We were lucky enough to get moved across to the Delta flight landing at 18.30.

    We made our way into the city and Sam from Visit Seattle met us at the very unique and boutique Palihotel.

    The Palihotel is steps away from the Pike Place Market and walking distance from the ferry port which makes it an ideal base to explore. The style is both intimate and eclectic. I stayed in room 403 which was really comfortable with a king size bed, flat screen TV, dressing area and ensuite bathroom with a large shower.

    After a quick freshen up, we decided to go to a bar called Alibi for cocktails and pizza. We had to walk down past the famous 'Gum wall' to get to it!

    The Alibi Room off Post Alley is immersed in history and spirit. Made with cobblestones from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and brought here on lumber ships, Pike Place market opened in 1907. The following 87 years, before the Alibi Room opened its doors, some say ghosts occupied this space. One ghost named “Frank” still makes an appearance now and then.

    I loved the friendly and cosy atmosphere of the bar, the guy behind the bar was really helpful in suggesting cocktails he thought we would like and the most popular pizza toppings and everything was homemade and made fresh to order.

    A great start to an action packed week and the cocktail I had definitely helped that first nights sleep!
    Read more