Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6

    April 20 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Beautiful Bainbridge Island

    We were up early to catch the ferry across and found that as well as tourists, commuters also use it. Many people move to Bainbridge Island for the small town style community and it has some lovely shops, restaurants and outdoor spaces.

    Our first stop was the independent art Quarter, home to galleries and even a children's museum of play where there were lots of fun activities for little ones to join in with.

    We then looked round a few boutique style shops before stopping for lunch at a cafe where deli sandwiches, salads and fresh oysters were on the menu.

    After lunch we went to the beautiful ..... gardens for a small tour, there were so many different areas including ...... I could have quite easily stayed there all day.

    Our last stop of the day was Pleasant Beach Village, a mix of residential / holidaymakers townhouses, apartments and a small number of hotel rooms to keep the area exclusive. There are also a couple of eateries and a venue that is used for live music and comedy events in the evenings for residents and guests.

    We were lucky enough to be involved in one of these events, and enjoyed the sounds of Nick Drummond after our dinner of charcuterie boards and foccacia topped pizzas.

    A late night ferry crossing took us back to Seattle for our last night staying at The Aloft Hotel.
    Read more