Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    It's over

    August 27, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    The flight was generally uneventful, I managed to watch the Hobbits and also Kingsman which was very entertaining.

    We landed and had the usual queue for immigration, with the EU line moving slower than that for other countries it seemed. When we got through the bags hadn't started arriving yet, but when they did ours came off pretty quickly and all 9 arrived ok. Three luggage trolleys required and we exited through customs to be pointed in teh direction of the Emirates chauffeur office, who had a Mercedes Viano booked for us. A short wait and our driver arrived and we were off. Traffic was decent going into London and we were home about 2pm, having landed about 12.45.

    In one sense nice to be home after a 28 hour or so journey from Sydney, but also sad to be back and not having any more daily adventures.

    Jet lag was the only thing left to conquer. Ed fell asleep on the bean bag about 4.30 and we were all dozing by about 5.30 despite Domino's pizza (Ed slept through it 0 must be tired if missing food) and so we all went to bed about 6pm. I was awake about midnight and again about 3am and went downstairs with Ed at 4.30am to watch tv.
    Read more