Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Niagara and Oh Canada Eh

    July 28, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Up and got packed quite early as was due to picl up car at 9am. Walked there with Ed, it was in one of the underground levels of a block - Torornot has lots of these and cvan walk a long way without going above ground. Was a little hard to find but seemed to be a smooth process picking up car. Got elevatro down to garage and got =keys. Car was a Malibu so not an SUV, but we had a look at the boot and it seemed like it should be okm to fit all the bags so we drove off. Ed navigated us back to hotel. PArking valet had warend us only get ten minutes brofre they charge uis , but Sam and Tash had the concierge bringing the baags down and with his advice we got them all squeexed into the boot.

    Off we went. Outside Roronto signs wanred oif delays on rhe Queen Elizanth Way and Waze took us on a detour. This was on the 407 toll road. Unlike last year in Vancouver cant poay to;; omlimer afterwards, have to wait fro bill, so we will get the adin charge from Avis, but still better than waiting in queue.

    Took about 1 hour 49 to the Sheraton on the Falls in NIagara, was quite easy to find. Room not reeady yet but we did most of check in, left bags and valet parked the car then offthe explore. We headed towarfds the river and took lots of pictiresof the American Falls, and slowly walked alomng towards the Horsehsope Falls, lots of pics on the way. Had sandwich in Tim GHortons, never sur why this is so popular, cakes are quite good I guess.

    Got text abotu 130 to ay one room was ready so we went up tpo there. Got Wego bus passsed from hotel and headed off again intending to try the White Water Walk. Got bus the wrong way to Rapidswiev ar park, so went back to Table Rock, the main visitor centra and took some pics fo the Horeshoe Falls from varios spots enxt to the fast flowinmg water above the falls. Beru impressive. even Tash was impressed, notmally only shopping gets here exicted.

    Got bus back to hotel and freshedned up ahead of the Oh Canad Eh dinner/theatre show that night. Got an Uber about 15 minutes to the venue, a wooden building fuirther away from the falls. Waited inside and doors opened and qe were shown to our tabel, number 1 right at front. Shared with two other couples from London Ontario and New York state.

    Set up was like the diner show we did at Disney, with the perfromers also serving and taking drinks orders etc. Sald bread and pean and ham soup for starters. Very good. Even Ed ate teh soip, was bit like liquidised mushy peas.

    Show started and was a funny variety show, with lots of singing of songs by Candian artists or written by someone Canadain. All performers were good and sang well. About 45 minutes in the amin course came. Chicken, beef haddock potatoes and vehetables all from differnet parts of Canada. Was simple but tasty and we all had clean plates. Show started again with more of same and then dessert which was chicaiate and maple cake, again good, woth coffe and tea if wanted.

    Towards thge end we hgad to pay for drinks. I got confused with the card amchine and ebded up tipping an amouint equal to my pin number. A little more than we had planned to give but not much!

    Show ended and we maanged to get an Uber quicjly and took us back to hotel for about 930. Falls were illuminated and looked great with colou=rs chaging. Foreworks every night at 10pm which we watched. Lasted about 10 minuytes and were very goof, all rockets into the air over ther falls.
    Read more