Satellite
  • Day 6

    Zipline and Niagara PAss

    July 29, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Booked for Mistrider Zipline at 9am. Had breakfast from Starbucks downstairs then headed off. Were noit ealry so had to wait, then more people joined the queue while we had walked around the cotrner and gone to the loo. Think we got on the Zipwire about 930. 4 lines so all three of us went at sanme time. Hadnt looked that fast from ground but wasnt too bad when on it. Jad to hold arms out, presumbaly to slow down so not too fast at landing. I shot off and went much faster than the others- extra weight helping.

    Was decent ride but more about the view than the thrill. Landing was quite gentle and we went ot look at pictuires and video. Only working on line 1 and 2 where Tash and Ed were, so we go the opne of them. I was in it aorund the edges.

    Sam had bought the Niagara Pass while we were riding. 4 attractions to do, Hornblower Boat Ride, Behind the Falls, Niagaras Fury and White Water Walk.

    First we did boat ride, booked for 1045 but just went straight on about an hour earlier. We walked down a ramp to get to the lifts then down more ramps to hit the quayside. Were given ponchos (red) at the ticket check point. We were towarfds the back of the boat queue, must be 500 or more per boat. Some folks were waiting back trying to get on the next boat and pick there spot but were told they had to get on. We were at the back, but walked to the front of the boat and whilst not on the barrier had a good spot.

    Boat sailed first part Bridal Veil Falls on American side and when the wind blew our way we got wet wioth spray. Then on to Horesheo Falls and right into the middle of the sprau. Again when the wind blew was very wet, thank gooness for the poncjos. Took photots with Tahs phone in her waterporrf case. Boatf heasded back via Bridal Veil ahaion, wjole trip was probably 20 minutes. They sync the boats from American and Candian side so that only one is in the Falls area at a time.

    Got off and had a drink down in the river level area. Bought our green screen poictures on the way out sd they were fun, then caught bus to Table Tock area. TRrued to get into Beneath the Falls, but our time slot was 12pm and was only 1130, so we went to look at falls and had a hot dog from s stall for lunch 0 ful works of pickle, sauekraut, mustrard, ketchiup just like in the movies.

    Then back to Beneath the Falls. Got in and queued for lift, another pincho (yellow). Went tot eh tuinnels first and easily got into first. Power of water few feet away was imense. Queued for a while for what tunred out ot be another very similar view of water in frint of you, not really any different to fiersy one with no queue. Then wen t back to outside area alongside bottom of falls. Again power imense. Answreedd Tash question of how thick is the water - not very! Took molre pics then went back up. Tash and I lost Ed and Sam while we were loloking at a derelict tunnel. We started a queue of people who folowed us into the area to see the tunnel - just shows people join a line just to see what is tehre.

    Back up to surface and more grene screen pics, discount for second pourchase this time.

    Went straight out and into the Niagaras Fury film show. All of us had hoped we could sit down for a bit but it was standing too. Got blue ponchos for this. First part was film with young cartoon beaver going back inm time to see how dalls were made for a scjool detention essay. Was fun film. Coulkdnt see why needed ponshos. Then went into secodn room when film finished and this had handrails an water visible through grid floor beneath us. 360 degree film played around us and wind bloiew, snow came, water poured, arfin came. Was well done, thundwr esopeciualy scary!

    Came out and headed for bus up to Wild Watwer rapids. Ed wanted Minute Maid Froizen lemonade and had seen some on sale inside so he and I went to get some. Got back to find bus loading up and ran to make sure got on it. Told vant eat omn bus due to allergies, but it was too frozen for the spoon anyway. Got to the rapida and queued for a bit for loift down. The walk was along a raised baordwaljk alongisde the river. River floweed really fast here - class 6 rapids, pretty much impossoble to avigate. Could see why, very fast and very hioghwaves and lots of bouilders and rocks under water. Power was impressive ahaoin, wouldnt weant to be in water. 15 minute or so walk to the end platform then we came back. Tash and I were slower thsn Ed and Sam taking more poics so they went ahead and we met them at the lifts again. Was really cool to see the water flowing this fast this clkose up.

    From here we were all tieed so went bcl to hotel to rest limbs and relax for couple oif hours before heading to Skylon restaurant upthe bif tower in Niagara. Like Toronto it rotates/ Food was decent, Ed had kids spaghetti resy of us steaks for main, soup and shrimp starters. Bottle of wine and some mocktails for kids in specila skylon shapoed glasses. Picture at tabke was taken which was good one as we had falls behind us when she took it so we biought it.

    After meak went ot observation deck two floors ip and jad a look. Tash was adamant it was easy to see Toronot and CN Tower, my eyes not up to it, but Sam and Ed didnt think it was easy either!

    Went down and looked at the green screen oics we had had done on way in. The scsry look in a barrel going over thre fals was brilliant so we bought it and the firwowrk non scary on etoo. Then wlked bacl to hotel via the waterfront. Sam mamanedhed to fall over on the grass area e croissed and a man cam e to offer help. She was ok but shaen, good job it was oin grass not concrete.

    Ed and Sma went ahead again and Tash and I took more pics. Back at room about 9 an wiated to watch giereworks again.

    Sam and Ed going to Stabucks at 8 for breakfasy. Ed wnats to go to Guiness World records on Clifton Street whioch we had walked up to tower. It describes itself a s a street of fun in NIagara and was crazy. Every building was a haunted house, Ripleys, Guiness or similar, 4f cinema etc and all biombarded you with noise. Like somthing from a horro film. Also up there was a dinosaur cray gold, huge, wuth an erupting volcano in the middle. Also a go kart tracj tjat had a bif upward spiral like a car park and a roller costwer like downward bumpoy bit. Different scale!
    Read more