Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Day 22 - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon

    June 6, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    Up early, pick up by bus to a small airport.

    We all survived the plane ride. Plane only fits 21 people including pilot and co pilot. Not much room and we all had to be weighed and sit a particular seat to balance the weight of the plane.

    Grand Canyon is the 7th Wonder of the World.

    1st stop Eagle Point - named this by the Hualapai People because of the large rock formation which looks like and eagle flying. This rock formation was made be nature.

    There was a trail with the types of mud homes and teepees the Hualapai people live in.

    2nd stop Guano Point - amazing all round views of Grand Canyon and Colorado River. Photos do not do justice to this amazing view. We climbed to the top of a small rock formation and had almost 360° views. Truly a wonderful experience not to be forgotten.

    After arriving back at our hotels we all decided to split up till later. The Australian Rat Pack all met up again at the Nine Fine Irishman Pub. Stephen and I stayed till 1.30am dancing to the band and talking to a group of Celtic supporters celebrating their teams World Cup win. While the other oldies went to bed we had a blast.
    Read more