Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm

    September 14, 2017 in France ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    ...after they've seen Paree!

    Fabulous few days in the city d'amour 😍

    Our decision panned out. The wind and rain continued and we could take the metro, sip wine in cafes and enjoy the work of famous artists ... rather than getting wet and blown around for hours on end.

    Paris didn't disappoint. The Musee D'Orsay was our refuge on the rainy day - Manet, Monet, G'day 😄.

    Saw a bit of everything on our walk today... second largest Catholic church in Paris, oldest church, oldest cafe, Place St Michel - where a mass worker demonstration brought down DeGaulle, the original Odeon theatre, Jardin de Luxembourg around the Senate. Used a great walking app - gpsmycity.com. The must-have Paris fashion accessory is the scarf...on 80% of women and at least half of all men.

    Sailed through the metro like old pros - pas de problem ☺️. Rode the train back to the town where we left our bikes, along with throngs of students commuting to Chartres each day from the country. Teenagers are the same everywhere!

    Plan B est fini. Demain, nous allons faire du velo. Nous esperons le bon temps.
    Read more