Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Poking around Paris

    October 6, 2017 in France ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    A great day exploring this amazing city. A street market, an elevated linear park, the Marlais district, Picasso, wine beside the Seine, a huge shopping mall. Nailed the metro to get home 😊.

    The longest market in Paris (1385 m). Everything there...local fish/seafood and produce the most impressive.

    Promenade Plantee linear park...above the street along an old rail line...first one in the world. Very impressive, very pleasant green space in the heart of the city.

    Marlais district - full of cool architecture, art galleries, museums, Jewish culture. Went thru the Picasso museuam. Definitely an accomplished artist. We confirmed it's not our preferred style 🤑.

    Wandering thru the narrow streets among cool old buildings to the Seine. Watching the crazy traffic at an intersection beside the Seine...very entertaining. Most drivers don't follow the rules...scooters are especially aggressive. And no one seems to heed the ambulance and police sirens - maybe that explains why you hear them so much.

    Les Halles...a multi-tiered, multi-level, humungous mall. Lots of familiar stores amidst local French ones. This is where the young people are...same as at home!
    Read more