Satellite
  • Day 11

    Settling in to 'The Mount'

    January 17, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    3 days in our place in Mount Maunganui. Checking things out, getting set up for life over the next 2 months. Our 'home' is very comfy... whew 🙃! You never know for sure when you book it online from halfway across the world. Nice outdoor patio (yes..to enjoy the warm weather...with apologies for those back home in the snow right now ❄️). Located on a bit of a busy strip so not the quietest, but not too bad. About 10 minute drive to Mount Maunganui town with more than enough restaurants, shops...and cruise ship customers (ok to be a bit distant from that scene...pros and cons).

    Signed on to a golf course ⛳ 5 minutes away...one round in, next one tomorrow.

    Signed on to a gym 2 minutes away, or a 13 minute walk. Extremely well-equipped. First workout today--some super fit dudes 🏋️‍♀️...and dames!
    Cozy coffee shops ☕ not in abundance for our after-gym tradition. The big mall across the street filled in today, but a couple of bikes (which we have a bead on) will solve that for next time.

    Save the best for last...the beach 🌊!!
    A 2 minute stroll from right beside our place. More amazing than we could ever imagine. Sandy, long, super for walking, fun to watch the surfers 🏄and boogie boarders. Amazing 😲.

    Settling in...think we'll be okay 😁 🙏
    Read more