Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    ROMA!

    June 10, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    ANACONA....a small holiday town 4 hours from Venice. Lucky for us, we missed our busabout bus from venice to Anacona, so we got to experience the Italian trains.. just wow...absolutly...not luxury... no air con...people staring at you..and the constant harrasment of gipsys and indian sales men, who try to either sell you something, ask for money...or steal your belongings... just perfect.
    Either way..we got to Anacona, and did absolutly nothing for the two days we were there, besides enjoy the italian beaches! Lovely water, lovely sun... but not quiet like the Australian sand...as we were stepping on hard rocks! Not so nice, when we have such sensitive feet!!

    After two days, we were ready to head to the Ancient city of Rome! One of my favourite places to visit! But not a place I would ever live... the traffic here is crazy! No one cares about pedestrians on crossings...nor do the people care about older people standing up on trains... we gave up our seats almost every train ride...and everyone was shocked...giving us weird looks! Atleast we made Australia proud!

    We did so much in the 7 days we were here! We walked absolutly everwhere..and boy do my feet hurt! I even broke my sandals :(
    We visited the typical attractions around Rome! We did a walking tour first to see where everything was, and the basic history around such attractions. We saw the pop at the Vatican, which is actually its own country! Smallest but richest country in the world!

    On our lazy days in Rome we visited a water park which was so much fun, and also went to the beach, where ofcorse we turned into lobsters.... very red lobsters.

    We did a day trip out to a city 30 minute away from Rome, which showed a small ancient town, which was invaded by the bavarians, and soon was quarantined due to an invest of malaria. This was very interesting as you were able to see the whole town... the houses, gardens, ampetheatre and all the amazing sculpters, almost in perfect condition! However no roofs were preserved.

    One amazing fact I learnt in Rome was that the sculpters which are white, wernt originally white! They were only white because of being hidden under the ground for so many years!

    Next stop is Pompeii, the amalfi coast and Capri, on our Italian adventure tour, for the next three days! This part of the trip i was most excited for! Cant wait, however a big 5am start tomorrow, so I better go to bed!
    Read more