Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Italian Adventure

    June 15, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Day one

    First we got on the bus from Rome to Pompeii where we explored the old Pompeii town which aas covered in Ash by the large volcano! This we very interesting, besides the fact we had a horrible Guide! It looked quiet similar to the previous old town we visted outside Roman, however pompeii had lots of old pots and preserved sculpters of people who had died during 79 AD when the volcano hit! It even had a brothel with very exotic paintings on the wall! After we had lunch in pompeii, we went to our camping accomadation in sorrento! We grabbed a few drinks and looked out to beautiful views, just before our massive 4 course italian meal! Then we had a few more drinks and had an early night as we had to be prepared for our 7.30am boat cruise to Capri!

    Day two

    Capri! Absolutly amazing! Besides getting lost on the other side of the island, this was by far the most pretty place...and there for i allow myself to be okay in getting lost! We had a small breakfast in a water front cafe, before heading in a convertable taxi up the top of the mountain! Here we explored shops and got a chair lift to the peak of the mountain to get some beautiful photo shots, and eat yummy gelato once again. We swam in the aqua blue water before heading back onto the boat where we were greeted by the Mafia... yep the Mafia! Who showed us into the blue grotto....and all i can say is... this was and prob will be the highlight of my trip. We tipped the man in the canoe an extra 5 euros..just so we could swim for 30 seconds... and boy was it worth it..even though it is not allowed! After this, we got on our speed boat and explored the coast! And even swam in the middle of the oceane where a little waterfall was! Such warm water!! We head back to the campsite, covered in thick salt, as the water was very choppy! We had showers, and then had a quick dinner at the camp, before walking town to the city of sorrento to get some souveniors and new sandals! Yayayay.

    Day 3

    Day three was very relaxing...besides the big early wake up at 6am in the morning...and the scary cliff roads around the amalfi coast on a big bus!! Here we explored the beautiful small towns around the coastal line, where we grabbed breakfast and lunch...and had a nice swim on the beach!

    Now we are back in Rome, very tired from all this relaxing! Next stop tomorrow is orvieto!
    Read more