Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 14

    Day 12. 17km Padrón to Santiago de comp

    19. Juli 2023 in Spanien ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    After a rest in Villa de Compostela Alburge we were up early for our final 17k. After a peaceful night's sleep with a room to ourselves by pure luck the other beds were free After a goodnight kiss from the cute owners dog who he took especialy back to say goodbye to the girls letting his beautiful brown golden doodle into our room. I never seen April jump from her top bunk so quick to cuddle him.
    We decided to take our last day really slow with lots of water breaks and stops for coffee. The last part had alot of hills which caused my feet to burn more and I cud feel a blister forming. The worst one yet. As we got closer to the end near the Cathedral we heard an Italian man singing in 'In Dublins fair City....... and so on. I cudnt stop smiling..I was very curious to know how he knew we were Irish as we continued to march on with him to the end he told me we are the talk of the Italian community of how amazing we are to do the camino. We walked into Santiago with the sound of singing and clapping and hugs all round.

    April here we finally started are last day from a good night sleep with no snoring and before bed a big hug from there dog. we woke up at 8:00 with Megan's alarm ringing. we started walking after having a nice big hot coco keeping me going for about 10k in of the 17k. we stopped for a nice big sandwich to share then kept going knowing we only had 7k left of the huge over 200k camino we finally were 30 mins to finishing. About 20 mins till we finished we met two Italian men who walked with us till the end we made it to the cathedral with pilgrims everywhere singing and dancing and some relaxing with there smelly feet out. We got to our hotel relaxed showered then decided to go out somewhere fancy for dinner but most places didn't open till 8 so we went to the shops got gifts for are friends and family then got a delicious dinner. We were so happy we finally met our friends again the Americans from Newyork were there they huged us said goodbye as we got to our hotel ready to sleep. Hopefully I'll do more caminos soon

    Megan here we left the albergue quite late and headed for the last 17km it was mostly uphill so it was very difficult after alot of coffee stops and alot if rests for April we reached santiago were we sat outside the cathedral. We then went to our hotel which was nice except for the staff. We had a lovely dinner which was fish and deserts we talked about how we hadn't seen Maria and Eva for ages and wondered would we see them again and suddenly I turned around and spotted them sitting behind us! We were all delighted to see each other again. For the rest of the evening my mam and April complained about there sore feet and blisters which I got none of. I really enjoyed the camino and would definitely do another one in the future.
    Weiterlesen