Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Dakar at last

    March 21, 2019 in Senegal ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Arrived Dakar at 4:45pm (local time) after a 3hr flight from Lome. Had chicken and rice onboard. Flight was slightly turbulent while flying through the desert, hot air raising and cold air pushing down all coming together to shake the plane.

    Immigration was seamless, no filling of landing card, just join the queue, check biometric both hands, aked if this was my 1st visit, why I was visiting, where I plan to stay and for how long and viola my passport was stamped. Luggage was put through a scanner before exiting the arrival hall. Changed some Dollars to CAF. Hotel driver was waiting at the door with my name on a card. Bought Orange sim card (CAF 6,000) with credit and 2GB internet and hooked up to the internet.

    Waited 2hrs at the airport for other hotel guest arriving from Italy, eventually leaving the airport at 7pm. Journey to the hotel from the airport lasted about 1 hr with hold up. Scenery reminded me of Lagos. Hotel check in was smooth and fast. Had to change first room assigned as it had a damp smell. Had gummy rice with fish and ketchup tasting sauce (CAF 7,000) for dinner with a bottle of Flag beer (CAF 2,000). Hotel food and drinks are too expensive, not eating there again.
    Read more