Satellite
  • Day 8

    Sandaga Market

    March 27, 2019 in Senegal ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Got to Sandaga market shortly after 12 noon. This time around we parked in a proper place within the port so no locking of tyre when we return. Walked through the central business district to the market.

    Sandaga is the largest market in Dakar. Hawkers everywhere following and harrasing visitors to buy their goods. Similar to naija market we had escort who followed us throughout and eventually I had to buy 1 item from his shop. Was able to achieve a 50% reduction in price of some of the items bought using advance procurement skills with "Should cost analysis". I believe I got a good bargain although I ended up spending more (CAF 195,000) than I had budgeted for shopping.

    Left the market shortly after 2pm. The shopping was quite efficient based on the male buying process ... see, select, negotiate & pay....

    Stopped over at a local restaurant "Duda" in Mbour to eat Thiebou Djeune (CFA 1,000) which am told is the no 1 meal of Senegal.

    Drove round Mbour, a rural town with pot holes and sandy untarred roads, passed by some other resorts such as Neptune Hotel etc before finally arriving at the resort at 4:20pm. Paid Malick CFA 40,000 for the transportation and interpretation services.
    Read more