Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Etihad Museum

    August 20, 2019 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    Today was designated as Museum day, the plan was to visit Dubai Musuem and the new Etihad Museum but alas the lazy vacationers didn't wake up till 1:30pm and by the time they bathed, dressed up, cooled breakfast and eat it was already after 3pm. We eventually left the house about 3:30pm, first stop Mall of the Emirates to change some money and a quick detour into Marks & Spencer to buy my pyjamas before proceeding to the metro station, topping up our NOL cards before boarding the train to Business Bay as advised by Google Maps. At Business Bay we were meant to take Bus 9 to Etihad Museum, haven shelved the idea of also going to Dubai Musuem due to the time and the fact that we visited it back in 2014. After waiting for over 30 minutes with no bus 9 in sight we hailed a taxi to the musiem, unknown to us we were waiting at the wrong bus station and ought to have crossed the road to the other side to catch the recommended bus.

    Etihad museum is sited in a very modern and contemporary building and is a tribute of a grateful nation to the 7 founding fathers, the Sheikhs of the different Emirates who came together to form the United Arab Emirates. Apparently Qatar and Bahrain were part of the initial agreement but later pulled out to form their independent countries.
    Read more